Saturday, July 2, 2011

I The Magician

Today's lesson comes from the "first" card of the Major Arcana - The Magician. This card is labeled as number 1. This is a very important card. After the Fool's carefree attitude and excitement about a new adventure, the Magician brings us back down to Earth - at least a little. The Magician reminds us that we are all in charge of our own destiny, and only we have the power to change it.

From a very young age, I did not like where I lived. I decided that I would change it. In all honesty, I felt like a polar bear living in a tropical rain forest. Unless you've been to the island on the television show "Lost," that just doesn't work out. I made many of my choices based on my goal of leaving the area and finding a land that was more conducive to who I am. For years I stated that I would be happy where there are trees, water, and hills (or preferably mountains).

Of course there are those who told me that I should learn to be happy where I was, and that I would never be happy somewhere else; rather, I would only take my problems with me. Well, I can tell you that I moved across the country to a land of trees, water, and many hills - as well as mountains. And I couldn't be happier. As for those who still live where I grew up? Many of them are still miserable and still complain. Obviously they haven't learned to "be happy where they are."

I tell people time and time again: if you aren't happy with where you are and what you are doing, do something different. Still, people refuse to find their inner Magician. They refuse to take their lives into their own hands, and they pay the price. They begin to blame the world around them, and play the victim. There are no victims in this world. No one can do anything to you without your permission. No one can make you happy or sad or anything else unless you give them the power to do so.

So let's take a little time today to thank our Magician for the power to make choices and turn our lives in a direction that makes us happy. If you haven't been listening to your Inner Magician, take a few minutes to sit quietly with this card and ask yourself what you need to do to take a step in the right direction. One step will lead to another and another, and before long your Magician will show you many, many things you can do to make your life more magical, and more meaningful!

Happy Readings!
Get Free Updates:
*Please click on the confirmation link sent in your Spam folder of Email*

No comments:

Post a Comment