Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Mind is willing, but the Body isn't

I got this as part of a spread I recently did for someone, and I find it very interesting.

Mind – VIII Strength – There is no doubt that you have the will, the drive, and the determination to continue to strive for your goals.

Body – XIV – Temperance, Reversed – However, your body is going to stop cooperating. You are pushing it beyond its limits, are unsatisfied and impatient with what you think of as “poor” results (even though most people would find them incredible), and you are extremely hard on your body. You may be breaking it down too much, and health issues may start cropping up even more often in the form of aches and pains, possibly knee problems, and just feeling tired and run-down a lot. Due to your Strength, you tend to just push through the pain.

What do you do when the mind is willing, but the body isn't able? Do you push through the pain? Or do you take a step back, rest, and re-evaluate?

I used to push through the pain, and that's how I ended up using a wheelchair for two years, a walking boot for a few more, and now have permanent foot issues. Now I advise people to slow down and step back. However, they usually don't, and I see them go through some of the same things I did - over and over again. You can't teach life experience, though. Some lessons are meant to be learned the hard way and are much more valuable for people when they go through it themselves.
Get Free Updates:
*Please click on the confirmation link sent in your Spam folder of Email*

No comments:

Post a Comment